18 Jun 2024 – 20 Jun 2024
Location: University of Liverpool, UK
How to Book or Attend:
To register your interest in attending and receive future updates about this event and opportunities for travel bursaries, please complete the pre-registration form by Friday 16th February
Contact Email: MagmaLab@liverpool.ac.uk
We are delighted to announce that the 1st International Conference of the IAVCEI Commission on Volcanic & Igneous Plumbing Systems (VIPS) will take place in 2024 in Liverpool, United Kingdom. This event is being hosted by the MAGMA lab at the University of Liverpool, from 18th-20th June 2024.
The conference will entail three days of workshops, academic talks, posters, and other exciting activities. Provisional talk/poster session themes for an in-person and virtual participation include:
- Magma transport & tectonics
- Volcanic-plutonic connection
- Magma plumbing systems and georesources
- Monitoring volcanic plumbing systems
- Modelling plumbing system processes
Potential specialist workshops for in-person attendees include:
- Photogrammetry as a tool in studying active and fossil VIPS
- Real-time VIPS observations using analogue experiments
- Exploring crystal histories – the petrological and geochemical toolbox
To register your interest in attending and receive future updates about this event and opportunities for travel bursaries, please complete the pre-registration form by Friday 16th February.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at the following email address if you have any questions about the conference: liverpoolMagmaLab@liverpool.ac.uk
We look forward to welcoming fellow VIPS enthusiasts in Liverpool!