The IAVCEI Commission on Volcanic and Igneous Plumbing Systems is looking for a vice president!
The vice president shadows and assists the president for one year and, pending the committee approval, becomes president for two years.
The vice president term will start 1st January 2024 and last 1 year, possibly extending for 2 years as president until December 2026.
We are looking for:
– A mid-career scientist engaged in the study of Volcanic and Igneous Plumbing Systems
– Applicants who are enthusiastic, motivated and kind
– Applicants who are engaged with their scientific community and peers
– Applicants who adhere to the core values of the commission in terms of Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion (see https://vipscommission.org/about/equality-diversity-and-inclusion/)
– We strongly encourage applications from under-represented groups
Apply with a motivation paragraph (500 word max.) and CV to email@example.com by November 15th 2023.